Advice and Planning to Help You Realize a Successful Exit and Your Desired Legacy
According to the 2016 BEI Business Owner Survey, 80% of business owners polled believe that a successful exit from their business will occur because of planning and action items they implement.
HOWEVER, that same survey revealed that 83% of business owners polled did not have a concrete, written plan for their exit.
We exist to change that statistic. Our value proposition is comprehensive, objective, values-based advice and planning for an owner's eventual exit and desired legacy. With our comprehensive exit plan, we act as project manager facilitating collaboration, coordination, and communication between needed advisors.
Two to three month engagement resulting in a solid foundation with comprehensive scope and an exit road map.
- Established owner-based exit goals & objectives.
- Assessment of key planning areas & business value drivers.
- Business continuity - a plan for the unexpected.
- Integration of exit strategy with wealth and estate plan.
- Recommendations for business and personal exit readiness.
- Estimate of business value.
Comprehensive Exit | Legacy Plan
Six to eighteen month engagement with ELP coordinating and leading the client Advisory Team in a Three-Phased Process:
- Preliminary Goal Setting and Data Gathering
- Growing and Preserving Value
- Exit Route Selection and Execution
- ELP coordinates the collaboration, communication, and cooperation of the client Advisor Team in design and implementation of the exit plan.
- Comprehensive approach identifying gaps in personal and business readiness for exit.
- Clarify and establish owner-based goals and objectives.
- Quantify personal assets / estimate of business value / financial GAP analysis.
- Assessment of mission, vision, values and business value drivers.
- Client Advisor Team established.
- Recommended exit route: sale to insiders / transfer to children / sale to third-party / sale to ESOP.
- Maximize value. Assessment and recommendations: strong cash flow / next-level management / operating systems / growth plan / strategic financial plan / recurring revenue / scalability / competitive advantage.
- Minimizing risk. Assessment and recommendations: tax planning / asset protection / key employee value-sharing / risk management / business continuity plan.
- Legacy: estate planning / philanthropic planning.
The below Headwinds white paper provides information that all business owners need to be aware of in planning their exit.
For additional information or engaging our services.